Library Library

Search our Library FAQ

You may be surprised what you can find here!

How can I access items that are in Special Collections and Archives?

1729 views   |   Last updated on May 30, 2018    special collections how do I requesting


Items in Special Collections & Archives will be retrieved, upon request. They are available for use in the SC&A reading room on the same day that you make your request, or as soon as the reading room opens the next day.  Special Collections & Archives materials can only be used in the Special Collections reading room; they cannot be checked out.

To request materials from Special Collections & Archives, use the "Request" option in OneSearch, or complete the paper request form available at Special Collections, the circulation office, or the research services desk in Olin Library. 

To request the item using OneSearch, follow these steps:

  1. Search for the item in OneSearch
  2. Click on the title of the item to view the record
  3. If you are not signed in, click to "Sign in" for more options, and log in with your Wesleyan username and password
  4. Click the "Request" option
  5. Add any "Comments" you have, then click to submit your "Request."