How can I get a book or other item that someone else has checked out?
If someone else has a library item checked out that you wish to use, you can use OneSearch to request the item. The person who has it will have up to 7 days to return it.
After it is returned, we will hold the item at the library circulation desk for you and you will be notified by email when it is available to pick up.
To place a recall request, follow these steps:
- Search for the item in OneSearch
- Click on the title to view the record
- If you are not signed into OneSearch, click the link to "Sign in" with your Wesleyan username and password
- Click the "Request" option
- For "Pickup Location," select which library's circulation desk where you want the book held for you.
- If you have a deadline after which it would be too late to get the item, put that in "Not needed after." We will get it as soon as possible, but if there is a delay we will keep trying until you say it is too late.
- Click "REQUEST" to submit the completed request form.
You will be notified by email when the item is available to pickup at the library circulation desk.